Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What's in My Bag? Mardi Gras Edition

We are getting ready to leave for Mardi Gras tomorrow afternoon and tonight Dan and I packed for our big weekend adventure with our friends and New Orleans locals, Matt and Lorraine. So what's in my bag for Mardi Gras with some locals? Let's check it out!

What's in My Bag? Mardi Gras Edition


Apparently tutus and leggings are must have so I got a great multi-colored tutu from Amazon and I plan to pair them with my black Lululemon crops. I plan to use them throughout the weekend for whatever I need. I also tossed in a black v neck and white v neck tshirt, a Navy blue with pink detailing Lilly Pulitzer top, bright yellow Banana Republic shorts (to stay in Mardi Gras theme) and my PJs. I also threw in my Snow White costume since apparently Mardi Gras is akin to Halloween? It is my first trip to New Orleans let alone Mardi Gras in NOLA, so I have much to learn. Finally I packed my super comfy Rainbow flip flops and a Lilly Pulitzer dress just in case I need to look respectable one day. It's looking like the weather gods are going to bless us with 70 degree sunny days while we are there so no need for super warm gear, but I am wearing my stretchy skinny jeans tomorrow along with my J.Crew field jacket so I'll have some warm options if I need. I am also planning on rocking my neon Milly Sperry Top Siders since they are maybe the most comfortable shoes I own. Finally, Dan and I ordered some Mardi Gras Rugbies from New Orleans staple Perlis. Dan got a Rugby shirt and I got that great Rugby dress! I am so glad its gonna be warm!

Sorry in advance for the radio silence over the next few days but I'll try to update our Facebook page with fun updates over the weekend! See you all next week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...