Last year I made Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Mac and Cheese (I'll share the recipe for that one another time) which ended up being a huge success. It is delicious and totally decadent, perfect for Valentine's day or a Thanksgiving side.
So in an effort to find a way to top myself this year, I decided to try and make one of Dan's favorite dishes, Quiche Lorraine. A quiche is basically an egg and cheese frittata in a pie crust in which you can add your favorite fillings. Quiche Lorraine specifically is filled with either bacon or ham. Personally, in our house we use bacon because bacon is better in everything.
Recipe:
1 pie crust (I use the prepared Pillsbury pie crusts you can find in the refrigerated section)
8oz Swiss Cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp Flour
3 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Cups Half and Half
1/4 Cup Yellow Onion, Chopped
8 slices of bacon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place 8 slices of bacon on baking sheet covered in parchment paper
Let bacon cook for approximately 20 minutes (or until your preferred crispiness)
Chop into small pieces.
Prep pie crust following instructions on box.
Using either a tart or pie pan, unroll pie crust and mold around edges of the pan.
While bacon is cooking, shred 8oz block of Swiss cheese. (I use my food processor, but a grater works as well)
In medium bowl, mix shredded cheese and flour.
In separate large bowl, beat eggs, half and half, chopped onions and chopped bacon.
Add cheese mixture to large bowl and mix.
Pour mixture into pie crust.
Bake quiche at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Make sure filling is set and the top is lightly browned.
Enjoy! We paired our quiche with cheese and baguette and individual flourless chocolate cakes from Whole Foods. We also christened our Wedding China and silverware. So exciting :)
Oh and I should note that Dan was successful at finding me peonies again this year. He said he couldn't let me down after my Valentine's Day Gift Guide post (here).
No comments :
Post a Comment