Having the perfect pair of shoes to complete your Mardi Gras costume is key but besides them being aesthetically key to your look, they have got to be comfortable. Spending all weekend walking around New Orleans to parades and bars and back again, I was so grateful to have my Milly NY Sperry Top Siders in neon yellow.
I purchased them last year and absolutely adore them but it wasn't until I was almost asleep on the eve of our vacation that I thought of them for our trip. The body is primarily patent leather which makes cleaning them after the parades as easy as pie and even though my feet were tired at the end of each day, I did not end up with a single blister all weekend. The added bonus is that the color is perfection for the Mardi Gras season.
My friend Lorraine, who we stayed with, was a big fan of my shoes was considering acquiring getting a pair for herself. Luckily for us, Milly NY and Sperry are collaborating again this year and this time a similar pair is available in Mardi Gras green. Raine and I plan on rocking matching pairs at next year's festivities. And for those who don't love green, pink, orange, gold and multi-colored are also available. Who doesn't love amazing shoes that are both preppy and costume appropriate?

No comments :
Post a Comment