Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Goodbye iPhone 4, Hello 5 - DIY Monogrammed Case

Yesterday was a sad day. I officially had to retire my iPhone 4. It had some corrupted software that could not be restored, but at least I was upgrade eligible. Also turns out that Apple has a pretty great recycling program where you can get an Apple Gift Card for your old products. I filled out the paperwork online last night and got quoted $170 for my 4. Pretty decent deal all in all.

I really liked my 4 and I have to say I am most upset about having to buy all these stupid adapters and losing my awesome cases for my 4. I had a great monogrammed case that is no longer, as well as a super cute Kate Spade iPhone wristlet and neoprene Kate Spade case. Both are headed for eBay, as I can't use them anymore. Boo.

The Apple Store did at least have some cute case options available, and since I am leaving for Vancouver tomorrow for a weekend ski trip, I knew I didn't want to risk no case on the new phone while I waited for a new monogram case. Instead I decided to make my own!

I got this super cute blue and white stripped Kate Spade hard shell case and then went on Etsy and ordered an adorable vinyl monogram sticker that is iPhone sized.

Source: Apple Store

The stickers come compliments of MEEsDesigns on Etsy and are super affordable ($3.00 each). You also get to customize your choice of style and color, which make sit super personal to you. I got a Circle Monogram in hot pink. I am looking forward to seeing it with the turquoise.

Source: MEEsDesigns

She also makes really cute monogrammed stickers for your iPhone chargers so you always know which one is yours. I could see this being super handy as chargers are always getting mixed up. And at $2.50 each, they are totally a bargain. I got one in turquoise, like the photo, to match my case.

Source: MEEsDesigns

I am so looking forward to my stickers arriving, I can't wait to personalize my case a little bit more! I particularly like monogramming tech stuff since it's too easy to get stuff mixed up. I have a monogram case for my MacBook already, but I am thinking about getting some stickers for my notebooks, iPad and MacBook as well. Who doesn't love a good monogram?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...