Saturday, September 21, 2013

Happy Homemaker Saturday

You know the saying "When the Cat's Away, the Mouse will play?" Well in our case the mouse is away today playing video games at his buddies house with a bunch of dudes, for Guys Day, so the cat is playing.

I decided to take my time getting up this morning and then have mostly a lazy Saturday around the house catching up on blog posts for the coming week as well as christening my KitchenAid Stand Mixer by baking chocolate chip cookies. I got my stand mixer as a wedding present and have not had an opportunity to do much baking in the last year. Although, now that I have used it, I want to find reasons to bake everyday. It makes baking so much easier and clean up is honestly a breeze.




I've also been catching up on some TV. For a while, I waited to hear back from the hubby if I could go ahead and watch The Newsroom and start catching up, but I had to bite the bullet after nothing was left on the DVR. I love The Newsroom, but was holding off to watch it with Dan and it fell off his watch list as Breaking Bad and Dexter returned as well as the start of fall shows. As a result, we are behind, way behind, 7 episodes behind. Luckily he agreed last night that I could watch again, so YAY!
Image Courtesy: HBO

I am also still considering taking a run to Nordstrom to see if I can find the perfect Riding Boot. I've been searching for a pair and figure I have the free time to do it today. If I find them I will for sure followup.

How are you spending your Saturday?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...