Monday, September 9, 2013

Traveling in both Style and Comfort

I've been doing a ton of traveling this summer and I have to say no matter how long or short your trip may be it is essential to be comfortable. At the same time, there are ton's more options than just pajamas or baggy sweats that will also be fashionable.

I have also found that I temper my outfit mostly for the duration of the flight and the cabin environment. Then I consider the weather at the final destination, as you can always change or add/remove layers at the airport when you land.

When traveling short distances, on flights under 6 hours, I usually gravitate towards skinny jeans and tshirt with a flowy wrap sweater or extra long scarf that can double as a blanket. Car rides I may go with shorts instead of jeans, but I usually always go with something that can cover my legs on the plane mostly because planes are cold and I just stay warmer that way. If the flight is longer than 6 hours or a red eye I may opt for my Lululmeon studio pants with a tshirt and scarf or Lulu yoga pants with an over sized sweater and tshirt underneath, so I can always take off the sweater if I get warm. *Note I only wear yoga pants if the flight is really long or a red eye and my butt is covered somehow :)

What I'm Wearing... For Shorter Flights



Now I have found that I have started to deviate from this typical style in the summer months and spring months have taken a play out of many a celebrities playbook going with either a Maxi dress or maxi skirt for flights. First off, they are insanely comfortable and not restricting. Secondly, they cover your legs and keep you warm. Third, you can easily add a jacket or sweater and scarf to stay warm on the plane but by the time you deboard you are all set for the warm weather that awaits you.


What I'm Wearing... For Long Flights



Now something to be said about shoe choices when flying. Avoid anything and everything that laces up. It is such a hassle at security for you and everyone around you. Pack a pair of socks in your purse or carry on that is easily accessible and you can throw those on when you have to take your shoes off to go through security if you don't want bare feet and/or if your feet get cold on the flight from the AC. My go to is almost always ballet flats of some kind, with my second choice being a flip flop or boat shoe. All are easily removable and make security a breeze. I will caveat this by saying if you are going on a trip where hiking shoes or boots are necessary by all means wear those on the plane, as it saves you space in your suitcase, but then think about boots with zippers or ones that just slip on.

I am headed to SF this Thursday with my sisters-in-law for a quick girls getaway weekend and I am really looking forward to a quick trip. I plan to go with my skinny jeans outfit as the flight is so short and temperatures in SF are in the mid to high 60s.

What are your essential travel tips?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...