Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Back From San Francisco Bay

Saturday evening I got back from a whirlwind weekend with my sisters-in-law Laura and Julie from our Girls Weekend in San Francisco. It was a jammed packed weekend and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Thursday afternoon Julie and I headed north from Orange County Airport and had Laura meet us in San Francisco later that evening from her business trip. Julie got us the hookup at the Westin St. Francis and shortly after we arrived we had a knock at the door welcoming us with a mini bottle of champagne and bottles of sparkling water. It was such a kind gesture and a great way to kick start our weekend.
The Hallway of the Westin St. Francis
The Lobby of the Westin St. Francis
After we got some preliminary emails sent off and Laura arrived, we got all dolled up and went out to RN74 on Mission. We walked from our hotel and enjoyed the late summer/early fall weather San Francisco had to offer. RN74 was absolutely delicious. We arrived a little ahead of our reservations, and enjoyed cocktails at the bar before dinner. Laura with her favorite, a Gin Gimlet, Julie with her obligatory Kettle and Soda and me with a more adventurous selection, The Wailer, made with elderflower, kaffir lime, rum and verbena.
From Top: Julie's Kettle Soda, My Wailer and Laura's Gin Gimlet
After cocktails we sat down to a great dinner. Laura enjoyed Roasted Shishito Peppers and Polenta Crusted Sea Scallops, while Julie and I ordered the exact same dinner, Warm Maine Lobster Tartine to start and Moules Frites for dinner. And bread so much bread and butter :)
Julie, Me and Laura after a great dinner at RN74
Friday we had a full day of sightseeing and a ton of walking. Growing up in New York City, I love to walk, but man, post knee surgery, the hills of San Francisco are not easy! We spent the morning doing a little shopping after breakfast at the Oak Room in the hotel. Then wandered over to Fisherman's Wharf, where we had a great lunch at Franciscan. I had a great Pt. Reyes Blue Cheese Salad and Crab Crostini and again we all ate a ton of bread and butter. You have to say one thing about San Francisco, the bread is amazing. We sat on their patio, which overlooked Alcatraz, and we were able to enjoy all the sailboats going by. The America's Cup is currently still taking place in the city right now and it was nice to witness some beautiful boats.
Hoofing it through the city.
Our view from our table at lunch
Some sailboats going by during lunch
After the Wharf, we went to visit the new store of Margaret Elizabeth at 1735 B Union Street and after about 2 years of email correspondence, Meg, the owner and founder, and I finally met in person. Her new store is absolutely amazing and so gorgeous. I loved everything about it and was so honored to be able to get a sneak peak of the store before they officially opened. I am hoping I will be able to make it back up to San Francisco for their grand opening party. It honestly deserves its own post, so more to come on the visit!
The Lovely Margaret Elizabeth at 1735B Union Street
After Margaret Elizabeth, we headed back to the Westin to get ready for dinner with one of my best friends from childhood, Katie. Katie recently relocated to San Francisco from New York, where she just started her residency at UCSF Children's Hospital as a Pediatric Oncologist. This girl is amazing and I am so proud to say I have known her since we were 6 months old. I got to visit her last year when she was doing a rotation at Standford University, but now I am so happy to have her just an hour plane ride away!
The view from our room at the Westin St. Francis!
We all went out to Balboa Cafe in the Marina/Cow Hollow District for dinner and drinks. Katie and I shared a Caesar salad and caprese heirloom tomato salad for our starters, while Laura also munched on the caprese heirloom tomato salad and Julie enjoyed the Ahi Tuna Cones. Laura, Julie and Katie all enjoyed the Prime Black Angus Rib Eye for their dinners while I went for the Seared Sea Scallops. Laura and Julie again went for their old faithfuls with gin gimlets and kettle sodas, while Katie enjoyed a malbec and I had an elderflower cosmo.

After dinner we headed accross the street for drinks and some people watching. Then called it a night.
Laura and Julie
Katie and I
Saturday morning, Laura, Julie and I headed to Sears Fine Food for some breakfast, then found out our flight out of San Francisco had been cancelled due to air traffic, so after being rerouted through Oakland, we hit the BART with our bags and hit the road. All in all it was a great weekend and I can't wait til our next sister adventure!
Laura and I ready for some Breakfast!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...