Thursday, September 12, 2013

Touchdown! Time for Girl's Weekend at the City by the Bay

My sister-in-law Julie and I took off from Orange County Airport this afternoon and touched down in San Francisco, the beautiful city by the bay. As we wait for my other sister-in-law Laura to join us, I thought I would get my thoughts and excitement down on paper (well digital paper, but you all know what I mean).
Julie, Laura and I last girl's weekend
I am so excited to see some of my wonderful friends, Katie, Evaleen and Kendra, this weekend as well as spend some quality time with my two sisters of a year. It is fun to get away and have some girls only time! Sorry boys! I am also stoked to go visit the new digs of Margaret Elizabeth. I am a huge fan of her jewelry and I cannot wait to go check their new digs out in person (more about my visit tomorrow to come)!
Katie and I in Stanford last year
As I am watching the fog roll in from the bay and the Golden Gate Bridge slowly disappear from the view from our room, I am getting so stoked to go out and experience some serious early fall weather. I love living in Southern California, but LA just doesn't really get much in the way of seasons (no matter what a lifelong Angeleno may tell you).
View from our room.
Closeup shot.
I loved packing up my jeans, button downs and J.Crew field jacket (my two favorite jackets in my closet by the way - I have both the navy and the olive). While I was definitely warm as I left my house in LA, I was so excited to be rocking some fall gear. My boyfriend jeans from the Gap are honestly my new favorite jeans. They are super comfortable, have a higher rise than most jeans on the market, and the dark wash is super flattering. I paired them with my plaid J.Crew Schoolboy flannel and navy field jacket and my C.Wonder tortoise shell flats. I completed the look with some baubles from Kate Spade (necklace, watch, ring) and Margaret Elizabeth (earrings and bangles).  I seriously was comfortable on the plane and felt like I could head right out in what I was already wearing once I landed.

Jetsetting to San Francisco



Ready to explore and cannot wait to debrief the weekend when I return!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...