Monday, September 30, 2013

Summer Sailing

Dan and I wrapped up my week at home and his weekend in NYC with a little day out on the sailboat with the family. My cousins Eric and Kristen joined my parents, sister and our golden retriever Speights (she was named after our favorite New Zealand beer) and we headed out to the open sea.

Speights as always rocked her life jacket and there were plenty of libations for all the passengers on board while my dad enjoyed an orange soda or two.
Nothing prettier than this dog. She should model for the lifejacket company.
Dominique, Eric and Dan hoisted the sails for everyone and we quickly got out of the channel. We sailed around for a while and then anchored for lunch and a swim. Speights was not sure about jumping off the boat because she had never swam in anything deeper or bigger than a pond, but once she realized she could climb back on the boat she kept jupming in over and over agian.
The pup and I taking in the breeze.
Eric and Speight's glamour shot.
Kristen, my mom, and Dominique (and Speights doesn't want to be left out)
After a day of sailing we headed back to the dock and while my dad dropped Kristen and Eric at the train so they could head to Yankee Stadium for the second JT/JayZ concert, Dominique, Dan, my mom and I grabbed a drink at the pool bar. We then headed back to the city for dinner and some good old fashioned family bonding before we took off the next morning.

It was a great trip and I can't wait til I get to see everyone for Thanksgiving. My parents and sister just decided to come to LA for Thanksgiving this year meaning I don't have to wait til Christmas to see them. SO Excited!!!!

5 comments :

  1. sailing is so fun, glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been sailing every summer since I was a kid. I jump at any chance I get now!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! Just followed on bloglovin excited to see more

    xx

    
With A City Dream


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. Love your blog. Will be checking out your beauty tips for sure!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...