Thursday, September 19, 2013

How Do I Look?

Now that the blog is officially approaching its 1 year birthday, I figured it was time to update its look. I wanted to give it something a little more professional feel and felt the banner and logo needed some updating. I personally don't have a bunch of money to spend on professional logo designs right now, but I know I am pretty savvy with computer design programs (I designed my own wedding invitations as well as my friend Suzanne's, whose wedding I am a bridesmaid in this January), so I gave it a go.

I ordered quatrefoil digital files from etsy that can be used for small business use at a steal. It was $1.50 for 5 different color patterns, all in my favorite color palette (Navy, Hot Pink and White) and then I got to using Visio to create a banner and logo with text and decorative wallpaper backgrounds. I knew I wanted to go the font focused route, so it was not super difficult.

All in all, after about an hour of work I had three new professional brand logos I could be proud of: the banner you see at the top of the page, a new logo for my Facebook page, which I encourage  you to like if you don't already, and the banner for my Google+ page, which required a much larger banner width than what I wanted to use for the blog itself.

Our Google+ Banner

Our New Logo Anything Social Media Related
So what do you all think of Headbands & Bagels new look?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...