Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Fun Factory

This past Friday a few of us headed down to the Fun Factory on the Redondo Beach Pier for a few hours of nostalgic fun. The Fun Factory is a vintage arcade where you can get in touch with your inner 80s and 90s child and where tons of shows and movies have been filmed. An episode of Dexter during the Trinity Killer season immediately comes to mind actually.
Dress: Persifor, Bag: Coach (old) (similar), Hat: Tuckernuck, Shoes: Sperry Top Sider (on sale!), Watch: Kate Spade, Bangles: Margaret Elizabeth
Over the course of a few hours we were able to defeat Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and The Simpsons and walked away with the funniest mystery box prize ever.
Our epic Mystery Box prizes.
I wore this Persifor dress which I adore. It's a nylon jersey fabric that doesn't wrinkle and has great stretch (i.e. the perfect dress for a suitcase, hello Eurotrip!). It is amazing comfortable and goes great with my blue and pink Sperry Top Siders and Tuckernuck Panama hat. It felt like the perfect outfit for an afternoon by the beach and was really easy to wear with my brace and crutches.



I also was able to find a few other arcade gems including a Flinstones egg dispenser, a Dumbo air hockey table and the ever classic Skeeball. What is your favorite vintage arcade game?
Jumbo Dumbo Air Hockey.
I remember these at the grocery store as a kid.

2 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...