Saturday, May 3, 2014

My First Liebster Award

I was awarded my very first Liebster Award a few weeks back by Summer Edmonds of Simply Summer. Summer is so sweet and I was so honored to be one of her picks. She has been one of my first followers and I always appreciate her sweet comments on my posts!

Summer has asked me to answer these 11 questions as part of my award so here goes!
1. What is your favorite part about being a blogger?
The ability to make wonderful new friends both through readers and fellow bloggers. My job is pretty male dominated (engineering) so blogging gives me not only a great creative outlet, but a way to make new girlfriends.

2. Why did you start blogging?
Really the same reason as why I love blogging. I work in defense and therefore my job can be pretty dry. I love being able to be creative and get out the daily grind by focusing on fashion (my first love) and lifestyle.

3. Where did you come up with the name of your blog?
I am a native New Yorker and am obsessed with everything preppy and classic. I constantly find myself inspired by both my hometown as well as Southern California. The preppy side of me was drawn to the headbands while the New Yorker was focused on my favorite NY treat, the bagel!

4. What is one item in your beauty bag that you could not live without?
My Dior Addict Lip Glow. It is the perfect sheer gloss that allows your lips to pop their natural color.

5. What is your favorite item in your wardrobe?
My J.Crew field jacket. I have it in both olive and navy. It works with almost every outfit and is the perfect weight for LA.

6. What is your guilty pleasure?
TV for sure. That and iced coffee. I watch way to much of it, but it is one of my favorite ways to decompress while I blog or knit.

7. What is your biggest pet peeve?

8. Where are your 3 favorite places to shop?
My three favorite places to shop are J.Crew, Nordstrom and Kate Spade (Anthropologie and Ann Taylor can make a run for it at times as well).

9. If you could meet 3 famous people(past or present) who would it be and why?
F.Scott Fitzgerald, since he is my favorite author of all time and I would love to have a cocktail or two with him.
Kate Middelton, she is just so elegant and effortless. I am constantly inspired by her picks.
Jennifer Lawrence, I honestly just want to be besties with that girl.

10. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
On an African Safari. I would love to travel around South Africa, cage dive with sharks and then hit a safari. It would be a trip of a lifetime.

11. In terms of style, what's your favorite period and history?
I would probably say the Roman empire. Glaidator sandals, beautifully draped dresses. Just effortless.

In addition here are my nominees for their Liebster Awards. All these blogs have under 200 followers on Bloglovin and are blogs I read everyday! These ladies all rock and deserve your love and support. Congrats ladies!

A Darling Dream
Beautiful Life and Style
Blush and Blonde
Daily Dose of Darling
Envision Pretty
Every Once in a Style
Jen Genuine
Laura Lily
Life's A Party Dress Like It
Stylelista Confessions
West Coast Capri

Here are your questions for your Award and download the image award above.
1. Describe your style in three words.
2. I can't leave home without:
3. If you were any accessory, you would be:
4. What are your three favorite places to shop?
5. What's your favorite book ever and of the last year?
6. What is your go to travel outfit?
7. What's one of your guilty pleasures?
8. What is your go-to handbag right now? What's in it?
9. What other blogs do you read regularly?
10. What outfit makes you feel strong and powerful?
11. What is on the top of your wanderlust list right now?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...