| My husband and I on our spur of the moment trip up CA-1 |
| My sister and I road tripping from St. Louis to NY in 2008. |
| After we'd been rocking out for a few hours, clearly. |
3. An iPhone charger. Shocking I know. With rocking out to tunes for hours, mapping your way and touching base with friends, your iPhone may need a little juice.
4. Water bottle. Keeping hydrated is so important, especially on long drives. I like to take 1 or 2 big reusable water bottles on the road so I can fill them up each morning at the hotel and have hydration all day long.
5. Mini Cooler. Packing a few provisions is key. I like to usually pack a few peanut butter sandwiches in case you hit a stretch of road with little to no food options.
6. Gum. Enough said.
7. Granola Bars. Good for an emergency snack or an accompaniment to that peanut butter sandwich. Also double as great breakfast options when you hit the road early in the morning.
8. Quarters. In case you want to stop and smell the roses along your way, a few bucks in quarters are essential for any meters you may encounter.
9. Cash. Along with quarters I like to carry a mix of smaller bills, especially on road trips in Cali as we have so many State Parks to stop at, but most are self serve parking on the honor system. So it's especially important to have a bunch of singles and fives to pay the parking.
| This was a stop at a CA state park. Glad I had those singles! |
11. Camera. Whether it is your iPhone camera or a digital SLR, a camera is an absolute must. I am such a big photographer and when road tripping my camera is always handy in case I want to pull over for the perfect shot.
12. Comfortable but Cute Outfit. Since you are most likely going to be stopping to take pictures a cute outfit is of course desired, but one that is comfortable is a must. I usually go with shorts or a skirt and a button down chambray shirt. I also like to have a baseball cap handy as the wind blowing through your hair can get it pretty ratty.
13. No hurry. This is an essential state of mind. When road tripping I find the most important thing is to be in no rush. It's about the journey not the end destination, so take your time, stop at that roadside attraction or state park, rest when you are tired and eat when you are hungry. Most importantly, just let yourself have fun!
| Roadside America is one of those roadside attractions that is worth the 30 minute stop. Largest model town in the US. |
| This roadside beach was worth the stop for sunset. |
No comments :
Post a Comment