Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy Cinco!

Happy Cinco!



Happy Cinco de Mayo everyone! I am sure I will be feasting on a delicious Mexican meal tonight with the hubby to celebrate. It seems like a continuation from yesterday's festivities at the SoCal Blogger Society Brunch and Fiesta (more to come later this week). 

Cinco de Mayo is one of my favorite excuses to chow down on some great food as Mexican is hands down my favorite meal. With the weather in LA being so warm it feels extra festive. Here is just a little inspiration to get you in the mood as well!

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I am also sharing my guacamole recipe for the month of May! It is my go to for any sort of party because lets be honest, homemade guacamole is ten thousand times better than any store bought brand.

Good guacamole is all about ratios.
For a large group I usually triple to quadruple this recipe.
2 avocados
1 lime
1/4 to 1/3 large red onion, chopped
1/2 plum tomato (you can add more if you want)
1/4 of small bunch of cilantro (torn or chopped up)
Salt (taste it continuously until it has the taste you are looking for, it can be a lot more salt than you think)

I eat avocados like nobody's business living in Southern California which means, I make this guac a lot! Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...