Saturday, October 5, 2013

5 Minute Face

Like I said yesterday about my morning routine, I am on the go in the mornings and I don't want to spend too long on my makeup, but I still want to look my best and put a professional face forward at the office. As an avid What Not To Wear enthusiast over the year, I've become a big fan of Carmindy's 5 Minute Face, and modified it for my own purposes. Below is what makes my 5 minute face. It keeps me fresh faced, even toned and looking professional in no time at all.
5 Minute Face



I start with a primer, either Benefit's Porefessional or Clinique's SuperPrimer (neither is pictured above). Primers are great because they create a great base for the rest of your makeup and also help prevent any shine. Benefit's product also helps minimize pores, while the Clinique Primer I use helps minimize redness. If I have a breakout or any serious redness, I follow up with Benefit's Boi-ing cover up to mask any imperfections.

Next I use Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer in Nude. It also has SPF20 in it (which is an added bonus to the sunblock I already wear). The tinted moisturizer is great because it evens out skin tone but is lightweight and creates a very natural look.

After tinted moisturizer, I use Benefit's Hervana blush/bronzer. It is essentially the perfect glow perfecter. I use it as a blush but you can also use it all over your face to give yourself a beautiful glow. I then move onto eyes. I love Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Kalahari. It's a bronze duo that is great with my hazel/green eyes. I have one brown and one hazel eye so this bronze duo is a great compliment to them.

I then go with a navy eyeliner to help make the brown in both my eyes pop and close with Laura Mercier's black mascara.

I then set the whole look and help reduce shine by brushing on Laura Mercier's translucent setting powder. Finally I top the look off with one of a few lipsticks or pencils. Right now I am really into these Nars lip pencils because they are long lasting and really easy to reapply. I love this bright pink pencil Yu or this deep red pencil Cruella that I actually topped with a bright red Nars gloss on my wedding day. If I'm in a more lipstick mood I tend to fallback on YSL's Rouge Volupte Shine, Laura Mercier's Gel Lip Colour in Poppy or Clinque's Butter Shine Lipstick in Pink-A-Boo (the perfect nude). Ultimately, if I am just looking to repair my lips and give them some great shine, I always reach for my Bag Balm, day or night. This stuff is amazing.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...