Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday Wishes (Travel Essentials)

Wednesday Wishes (Travel Edition)


Since I am flying cross country this morning for the Society of Women Engineers National Conference in Baltimore this morning, I felt it was appropriate to make my Wednesday Wishes post all about travel essentials.

I love to travel and find myself very often on the road whether it be for work or play. As a result I have tried to become a pretty efficient packer. Luckily there are some great travel products out there that make packing a breeze and keep me well organized as well as those that keep me rested and ready for fun once I've landed.

First off, I almost always have my large Longchamp purse as my carry on purse. It folds down to almost nothing (I have the duffel bag as well that I always pack in my suitcase if I know I am going shopping or to a conference where I will have stuff to bring back with me since I easily then have a second suitcase that takes up no room). Longchamps are also amazing because you can clean them by just tossing them in the wash (my friends in France taught me that little trick).  I have a red and a maroon Longchamp in the large purse size and it holds all my essentials as well as my knitting and laptop. It's just amazing.

My other travel carry on is my Samsonite Spinner. Spinners are amazing and worth every penny. My Samsonite is also very lightweight so never stress about going over a weight limit.

I also think it is super important to keep organized on a trip, especially if I am traveling for business, so I almost always have a travel wallet in edition to my wallet, to hold all the receipts, flight info, hotel and car rental confirmations, etc. I pair this with my passport, if needed, in a cute leather case. It keeps it protected and looking nice.

I love a top zip cosmetics bag because I can keep most of my bottles standing and it keeps everything well organized. I also love having a mini travel jewelry box, like #7, to keep everything safe and untangled. I also usually try to take a travel set of makeup brushes because they take up way less space and stay clean and away from any possible cosmetics spills due to pressure changing on the plane.

Finally it is all about staying rested on a flight. Since my family lives across the country, I find myself on red eye flights almost all the time. In edition I am a horrible plane sleeper. I will doze off for 20 minutes here or there but cannot consistently stay asleep. I  have found that having a really nice eye mask that has a holder for earplugs has helped a lot as well as wearing a large scarf that can double as a wrap to keep me warm on the flight. 

I also firmly believe in the importance of hydrating on the plane. Your skin gets so dry as well as you getting dehydrated. I always bring a reusable water bottle in my purse so I can fill it up before the flight and not be at the mercy of drink service on a flight.

What are your travel essentials?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...