The weather in Southern California is still all over the place, jumping from cooler temperatures in the 60's one day to days like yesterday int the high 80s. As a result its difficult to completely make a transition into one's fall wardrobe. Therefore I have found that by transitioning my accessories and beauty products to my favorite fall pieces and cooler colors along with pairing my fall staples like blazers and booties with skirts and tanks, I am prepared for any weather while still embracing the fall season.
As October rolls in I am instantly drawn to cooler nail polish colors like greys, navies, coppers and maroons. I also like to don my chunkier more statement style necklaces instead of the more delicate ones I've been rocking all summer that can take me from street to beach without a change.
Blazers are also essential. I grew up in New York City and adore colder temperatures and the expression of personal style one can make with outerwear. For entire seasons, the style statement you project to the world is primarily based on your outerwear. As a result, I had a closet full of jackets and coats. Since moving to California, my coats have been neglected to say the least. We only have a very small window where the temperatures cool down here and almost never cold enough for my winter coats. (This is probably why I bring 3 coats home with me when we go to NY for 10 days over Christmas holidays every year).
So as I was saying blazers have become my best friends since moving to California. I wear them daily during most of the year, even sneaking some wears in during the summer. I love the structure they give my outfits over cardigans. Summer is my cardigan season. Fall starts my three-season Blazer love fest.
How do you transition from summer to fall?
Monday, October 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Love the grey polish! Great post it gave me some good ideas
ReplyDeletexx
With A City Dream