Oh the annual party that is Sloshball. For the past 9 Labor Day Weekends, our buddy Donato, throws a huge party at a park in Palos Verdes overlooking the ocean. Dan and I have attended the last 4 and it has become a Labor Day staple for us. We even held off the date we were going to fly back for our wedding to make sure we were home for Sloshabll. Each team is designated by the bandannas Donato supplies and this year we picked tie-dye. (We plan a few weeks ahead so we can get properly into our theme as you can see.)
 |
| Dan and I. |
Friends come from all over the US for the party. This year we had a bunch of East Coasters and Midwesterners to join in the fun. We play kickball, drink beer (the only park in LA where it is legal to drink), enjoy tacos, play party games and take in a great sunset. (Although this year a Ghostbusters Fog rolled in before sunset so we finished playing in what felt like a Thriller Video.)
 |
| The crazy fog to end the day with Kellie and Jacqui. |
After the games we all head back to Donato's to hang out for a bit before heading home. It's a long day so by 10pm you are ready to hit the sack. I played this year with my knee brace and while it was great fun, my new ACL, Jackson, was not a happy camper at the end of the day, hence the ice.
 |
| Hawk and I at hanging out after the games. |
 |
| Icing Jackson down so he wouldn't hate me. |
only you would name your new ACL.... oh liz.
ReplyDeleteWell you know me Erika. Now that I am part Zombie I have to give it its own personality.
Delete