Friday, October 4, 2013

Morning Routine

So I figured since I shared my bedtime routine I would also share my morning routine, with the exception of my 5 minute face, which I will follow up with a final post about.

Morning Routine


Mornings are usually a major rush for me. I hate to get up. I love to sleep in, which is why I schedule my posts to be posted automatically to the blog each morning and pack my gym bag the night before. I want to sleep in to the last minute and be able to be out the door at the last possible second. As a result my morning routine is always a little rushed by down to a science.

Luckily the hubby goes in to work about an hour and a half earlier than me so I have free range of the master suite when getting ready in the morning so there is no compromising space or shower time. I usually hop in the shower first thing. I love Pantene ProV Ice Shine (although I've heard rumors that it's been discontinued, please readers, tell me if that's true!). It's lightweight but adds great body and shine and since I have naturally oily hair and need to wash it everyday, its a great option for daily shampoo and conditioning. I hope I don't have to hunt down new options.

I also love Dove Deep Moisture body wash. It is so rich. I tried out their Summer Skin Body Wash that was a special release in California and I just finished the bottle. I really liked it and I hope it tested well that they will consider releasing it again. It did great for skin that was subjected to sun and sand regularly. I also wash my face in the shower, using the same cleanser and my Mia, like I do in the evenings. The minute the Mia needs to run is also a nice excuse to sit under hot water for a minute :)

After showering, its a quick spray with this Beauty Detangler spray I got in my Birchbox that I loved the scent and results so much I got the full size and a brush out using my boar's hair brush. Since my hair dries straight naturally, I just let it air dry. I do add mouse to the roots to add some volume though.

Then a quick spritz of Chanel Chance to my wrists and neck. Swab of deodorant, Secret Clinical strength is my favorite cause it works all day through work and workouts with reapplication needed, brush my teeth and then I apply my Aczone cream and Elta MD Sunblock as prescribed by my dermatologist.

I let that dry while I put my jewelry on, then come back to apply the 5 minute face, get dressed and am out the door! More on the 5 minute face tomorrow!

What products help you get your day started? Which ones can't you live without? Anyone have any good shampoo/conditioner recommendations?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...