I am always curious how people get prepped for bed since I am wanting to know about the next great moisturizer or cleanser, or how people get their zen each night. So I wanted to share my regular evening routine.
I love my Neutrogena makeup remover cloths. I usually start with these and have tried them all but tend to keep coming back to the nighttime lavender ones since the scent is so relaxing. Usually I have to use eye makeup remover afterwards to catch any mascara and eyeliner and I have fallen in love with Bobbi Brown eye makeup remover. I use it with a girls beauty best friend, the q-tip. Q-Tips are great for more than just getting wax out of your ears. They swap makeup away, clean up makeup application errors, apply makeup in hard to reach places, essentially they do it all.
I follow up with brushing my teeth. Love the Crest 3D White toothpaste. It has a great taste and I think it honestly helps keep stains away.
Then I return to the ritual of getting my face prepped for bed. I struggle with very combination skin where I still breakout on my chin as an adult but have very dry skin around my nose. Working with a dermatologist was one of the best things I ever did as an investment in myself. He put me on a skin regime that has made a huge difference in preventing further breakouts without drying my skin out further as well as encouraged me to invest in a Clarsonic Mia system (this thing is amazing).
I use Dermalogica products daily for cleanser at night with my Mia. When you turn it on the head rotates for one minute, which really gets your pores super clean. When you first start using it you may notice some breakouts as your face is getting cleared up, but soon after you notice a huge improvement in your skin quality. I then follow up with a retin-A prescription called Atralin, which helps with breakouts and minimizing pores. Next I go with an eye cream (I love Dermalogica's Intensive Eye Cream) and wrap up with an intensive moisturizer.
Then I am officially ready to hit the sack. Since last year, I have made a concerted effort to read every night even if it is just 10 minutes. I find my mind is much more at peace then if I fall asleep watching TV or on the iPad and I have a much more restful night.
How do you get ready for bed? What are you cardinal rules for your nighttime routine?
Love that makeup remover
ReplyDeletexx
With A City Dream
Agreed! Tried so many but this is my favorite by far
DeleteI love the idea of reading a bit before going to sleep. Such a great idea!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Suzanne from written by suzanne
It's really how I get through so many books each month! It has so many great benefits!
Delete