Neon is a great trend, but maybe you only want to invest in one or two staple pieces. A great staple piece is always a blazer. Currently I am loving my Gap Ponte Academy Blazer in Neon Coral. The color is electric pink (not anything like the color online - think highlighter pink).
But how do you style this staple for use at , a night out, Sunday brunch, running errands or the office? Here are a few ways you can make this piece look brand new for every aspect of your life.
1. A Night Out
I love this look for a night out for either dinner and dancing with your guy or a girl's night out. I love black crop pants because they are so versatile in your closet and are a great piece that can go day to night. If you rock this outfit with some cute flats you could easily work this for work and then switch to some awesome heels and add some funky jewels, amp up your makeup and throw your hair up in a high pony and hit the town. This outfit is also easily put together from items you may already have in your closet.
2. Sunday Brunch
I love the combo of Navy and hot pink. They were my wedding colors. This Reiss dress is super relaxed yet so ladylike (I imagine Princess Kate owning a piece like this) and I love it paired with some natural braided wedges. You can easily take this look into the fall if you swap the wedges for knee high riding boots and add a gauzy scarf.
3. Running Errands
Blazers and shorts are a great combo. I live in LA where its warm almost all the time, so a lot of the time I'm either in sundresses or shorts, but a blazer is a great way to keep the chill off in the Spring and Fall seasons. These ivory shorts are great because they are a little dressier so you can easily also work this look for dinner or brunch if you add some fun accessories. I also adore this Tory Burch sandals. They are simple and clean and would go with so much in your closet.
4. At the Office
I actually wore my highlighter pink blazer to the office the other day in a similar look. If your jacket is one solid color, you can do some detailing like this on the skirt and then pick another neutral color like this deep blue to pop under the pink jacket. Since my blazer has grey piping, I paired mine with a black pencil skirt, but still used a blue top and black flats. It's all about picking pieces you already have to make it work.
Because the blazer is your standout piece, you want to pick other pieces that will compliment it well and not fight for attention. Let your neon piece be the color rock star that day.
No comments :
Post a Comment