Monday, January 28, 2013

Broomball Takes Me Out

This is going to be a short one and I apologize in advance for any typing issues as I am now rocking a hot pink cast on my left hand. Saturday night I became the victim of a hand and wrist injury in a spirited game of broomball at the Toyota Center in El Segundo.
The before and after.
In a fantastic pirouetted flip I fell full force first on my left hand fingers and then on my wrist with all my body weight. Because I thought it was minor I continued to play. When the adrenaline was gone I realized I was in a lot of pain.

For those who don't know, broomball is best described as field hockey on ice. And i choose to play in converse sneakers, not my finest moment.

Fast forward to Sunday and me in Urgent Care. The doctor informs me that they can't really tell what is going on but that there are two bones touching that should not be and that I am going to need an MRI to see what is really going on. He was also referring me to an orthopedic surgeon. AWESOME.
At Urgent Care.
So I now get to rock my first hard cast of my life. For those that know me, I know you think this is hard to believe, but its true!  I've only ever had air casts or half casts that were secured by ace bandage before. My most intense was my walking boot. The silver lining is at least its my favorite color, hot pink; I can still hold a solo cup in my hand (Mardi Gras in New Orleans is in 2 weekends); and I think I can still hold a ski pole with it (I'm going  to Whistler at the end of February).

Hot Pink Plaster
Long story short my posts going forward will be more photo focused for the next few weeks as I recover and I will be lusting after my closet as I stick to a uniform of black trousers, J.Crew V Neck T-Shirts and my J.Crew field jacket (the only one that fits over my cast).
What Am I Wearing?


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...