Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lilly New Year Cheer Sale.. Kind of a Dud

Lilly Pulitzer is having one of its few online sales per year over the next 2 days and after finding such great pieces during their last sale, I had high hopes for this one. There were already concerns about whether they had improved the site responsiveness and were better prepared (last sale the site continually crashed the first day - it was insanity). On that count, from what I could see the site was pretty well organized this time and I didn't get knocked off once while browsing.

Unfortunately I just felt like the sale lacked a lot of selection this time around. A lot of the tops were plan white tank style tops that you could still find for better deals elsewhere (there was nothing signature Lilly about them); and the dress selection was much reduced from the previous sale with fewer options and even fewer cut options available (almost all the dresses are sheath style, so if that is not your look, don't bother).

I found one wrap dress on sale that I would consider buying. I have it it a different pattern and like the dress, but I had to get the sleeves shortened last time because the style was a little odd. So I am facing the decision is the deal really worth my time if I know I am ending up the tailor no matter what? For now I am holing off.

I also usually find some cute picks in the accessories section, but no luck this year. Almost all the things on sale were sorority related, which is great, but I don't really need a Chi O dry erase board or frame and while the tote was cute, I just don't need another beach bag.

My advice, don't get your hopes up.
A So So Lilly Sale


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...