Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What I'm Loving... The Return of the Full Skirt

One of my favorite silhouettes has always been a great full or a-line skirt. I love that the full skirt trend is back. Whether its a mini skater skirt or a knee length circle skirt. it helps to balance out a full chest and is so very ladylike! Here are just some of my favorites out on the market today. I may have to jump on the Topshop Faux Leather Skirt, but I would adore any of these pieces in my closet!

What I'm Loving.. Full Skirts


1. Topshop Black Full Skater Skirt ($76) This skirt is so fun and probably my favorite of the bunch. I love the full leather skirt trend that has been going on now. I think I fell in love when Nicole Ritchie wore that laser cut leather circle skirt a few months back and I have been trying to get in the trend. For $76, this may be the perfect piece to dip my toe into the waters.

2. Tibi Kelp Silk Faille Full Skirt ($525) Obvi a dream skirt, I love the color. Not sure I would call it Kelp, more like acid green, but regardless I love this color. It reminds me of the dress Julie Bowen wore to the Emmys last year. I also like that this skirt is a little longer. It adds a nice ladylike touch to an otherwise flashy piece.

3. J.Crew Voile Skirt in Stripe ($128) I am glad J.Crew is adding some A-line skirts back into its designs. I love a great pencil skirt but there is something more freeing about the A-line. I like the stripes but overall like the shape best here. I hope they release this shape in other fabrics.

4. Blugirl Blumarine Knee Length Skirt ($490) I love this skirt. For some reason I feel like this a piece Duchess Catherine would wear. The color is versatile for all seasons and the stitching is what makes this extra special. This is another one of those dream skirts.

5. Forever New Charlie Printed Prom Skirt ($63) Love, love, love the pattern here. It makes me think of spring and I would love to pair this with just a plain white v-neck tucked in. From an Australian company, beware of shipping costs, but the price is great!

6. Dice Kayek Pleated Bow Panel Skirt ($535) You would need a great event for a piece like this. The gold is so rich looking and the size of the bow downplays the fact that it is a bow, but instead looks like some great draping. What dream event could I wear something like this to?

7. Burgundy Tutu Tulle Skirt ($137) How could you not feel like an updated Carrie Bradshaw in a piece like this. The color is so rich and the length is longer than Carrie's tutu in the opening credits of Sex and the City, but it still has such a whimsical feeling about it. Definitely not a workplace piece, but I could imagine wearing this out to dinner, drinks, parties or even to Sunday brunch.

8. Orla Kiely Sparkle Skirt ($180) The dimensional quality of this fabric is what makes this piece so rich. You could definitely take this piece from day to night since it is a great heavy weight fabric in navy.

9. Olympia Le-Tan Aude Skirt ($475) I may be so attracted to this piece because I went to private school in Manhattan and it reminds me of a school uniform but updated to a more ladylike place. It may also be me reconnecting with my Scottish heritage. Either way, I love this plaid piece. I would love to pair this with black flats, tights and a cream sweater and go to brunch or dinner. I would also rock this piece for a day at the office.

Are you embracing the circle skirt return?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...