Today is my first day, first ever class of Pilates Reformer. I have done pilates videos at home but I have always wanted to work out on the fancy machines and today is finally the day. As part of my resolution to lose the weight, I wanted to mix up my routine and add some structured classes to my workouts. I also wanted to do my strength training and I like how pilates uses your own body weight for resistance work.
When I got back from Christmas Vacation, I noticed that my gym was offering a beginners pilates class starting January 21st for an extra fee. Classes are $20-$22 each depending on how many classes per package you order, but they don't expire can can roll into any level of pilates. It's also great because the classes at Spectrum are really small and you get a lot of attention from the instructor. So really its pretty good bang for your buck.
My husband being ever supportive told me to go for it and sign up right away! Tonight is my private session to determine what level I should place into and get my first attempts at the machines one on one. I figure you would wear something similar to yoga for pilates, right? Since it's not high intensity cardio, I don't think I need my gym buddy, my TaTaTamer but instead can get away with one of my Lulu shelf bra tops.
Here is what I am rocking to today's class. Hope I got it right!
Friday, January 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment