Monday, January 14, 2013

January Closet Cleaning - Use eBay!

I have to say eBay was one of my great rediscoveries of 2012. I had created a seller account a few years ago when I wanted to sell a pair of split fins that I was no longer using for diving, but then I let my account fall by the wayside.
Last year, my sister in law Laura informed me that instead of taking bags of clothes to Goodwill every year, I should try my hand at selling the good quality stuff on eBay first. I have to say, she was right. I have been able to recoup some costs from clothes and accessories I no longer fit into or wear and as a result, have given myself a little shopping income on the side, which my husband appreciates. I will say higher priced brands seem to resell the best, especially Lululemon, J.Crew, Kate Spade, Anthropologie, etc.

Another added bonus is discovering all the great stuff that is in my closet that I just didn't realize was there before. Because I had too many pieces jamming my closet, I couldn't see all the potential my wardrobe had. As I result I feel like I have rediscovered some old favorites and put together some great new outfits I never would have anticipated before.

Now this is not to say that I still don't have items to take to Goodwill. I usually will relist items a few times on eBay, but if they are still not selling, I will ultimately take them to in for donations. Now is a great time to test out the eBay waters. From January 13 to January 19th, eBay is offering unlimited free auction style listings, so what's to lose! I may do another pass through my closet myself.

What do you do with all your unwanted clothing and accessories?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...