Sometimes you have to laugh at your bad luck. At the end of last year I started splitting my work day between my office and a supplier about 6 miles away. I love my office. It's homey and a great area to work. Unfortunately the supplier I spend my time at is not located in as nice of an area and on top of that has almost no visitor parking in its lot. As a result I spend almost everyday roaming the streets looking for a parking spot.
I'd gotten into a groove with my daily parking location and it was only a short walk from the supplier office, when yesterday I walked out to the car to find my registration tags were missing from my license plate! I am weird I know. Because I travel with a laptop for work and go to the gym daily, I am a bag lady and as a result feel like I live out of my trunk. As a result, I see my back license plate at least 6 times a day. So when I last night I looked at my tags and saw 2010 on my car instead of 2014 I was a little confused. Upon further inspection you could see where the tags had been chipped away and even see some of 2009 and the license plate base showing through.
At this point there wasn't more I could do except run my ass off at the gym and then reward my bad luck with some delicious Cafe Rio. Although I was terrified to park there because every LA police officer lives at Cafe Rio and I didn't want to have to go through having to get a citation reversed because my registration is in fact up to date. (Not that I fault the cops, the food is amazing)
As I wait to be pulled over for expired tags, I at least was able to go to the DMV and get a new 2014 sticker. (I have to clean the plate and but slash marks in the sticker before I can but the new tag back on to discourage theft apparently.) I have to say this is where the silver lining existed at least for me.
As I went to the DMV today I was pleasantly surprised that the wait was under 30 minutes long. Now there is never an under 30 minute wait at any CA DMV if you don't have an appointment, and I didn't. But as I was waiting in line for my application and number, the workers made an announcement that all their systems for processing drivers licenses, learners permits and IDs were down and therefore all they could do were written exams and registrations and titles essentially. MY LUCKY DAY! Sucks for everyone else, but every crappy situation has a silver lining. So yes I had to pay another $19 for tags I already paid for, but at least I was there for only 27 minutes. Boo YA!
No comments :
Post a Comment