Monday, October 21, 2013

8 Things Every Happy Woman Should Have

I loved these posts from Cupcakes and Cashmere and ThoughtCatalog and thought it would be fun to share my answers to the list. I encourage you all to fill out the list for yourself. It ends up being a great reflection of yourself!

8 Things Every Happy Woman Should Have
1. A go-to drink…
First choice is always a Classic Mojito, but bartenders hate to make them. I always ask and if they say no then a hard cider on ice (it's so much better over a tall glass of ice). Magners and Strongbow are my favorites and usually can find it on tap or bottled at most bars.
I also find myself not drinking at the bar a lot lately, but serving as the DD. My grandfather was killed by a drunk driver when I was in 4th grade, so I will always offer to be the Designated Driver. When I DD, I go for club soda with a lime. It's super refreshing and still feels fancy!

2. A go-to Karaoke song... 
I loooooveee to sing. I was in choirs growing up as well as the school musical for years. I am always singing in the car, the shower, you name it. Our group of friends loves to go to karaoke in LA and I have two go-to songs. The first is a duet with my husband, Aladdin's A Whole New World. The story behind this is that on one of our first dates, we went to karaoke with friends and Dan pulled me up to the front for a surprise duet, the song, A Whole New World, which we danced our first dance to at our wedding.
If I am going solo, I almost always rock Journey's Faithfully. Walked down the aisle to the melody of this song.

3. A uniform...
I love clothes. I love to shop, but my daily uniform is a pencil skirt with blouse and blazer. Hands down these are my three favorite staples of my closet. Oh and Kate Spade or J.Crew shoes. Always.

4. A hair stylist they love...
My hair stylist Amanda is the best. I trust her with everything to do with my style. I've loved ever cut and every color she has ever done.

5. An exercise routine...
My routine is to never repeat the same thing everyday. I belong to Spectrum Health Club in LA and the great thing about my gym is that there are tons of machines and multiple classes going on every hour (at no additional cost). I finally got clearance to go back to the gym this month and I love it. I am still on the sidelines for my pilates classes, but between the gym, pilates and softball twice a week I never get bored.

6. A hobby...
I have quite a few to be honest. Besides my blog which I adore. I also am really into knitting right now. Knitting is so therapeutic and great to do while you are watching TV, which is a huge guilty pleasure. I also make sure to read every night before bed. And finally if you couldn't guess, Shopping is a great love.

7. A best friend...
I love my husband and he is my best friend in many senses of the word but it is so important to have best girlfriends as well. Having lived all over the country I find that I have  best friends scattered all over the country.
These are the girls you call to share news (good or bad), who cheer you up even over the phone, and celebrate with you like no ones business.  My bridesmaids are my best friends. They are there for every major moment of my life.
My sister, Dom is my first and forever best friend. Then my cousin Kristen, Sister in Law Laura, High School buddies Stacey and Jackie, Yankees friend Suzanne and Sorority sister Copper. I also have those girlfriends I have known since I was a baby, Katie and Emily, know me like a sister and still choose to love me.

8. A healthy sense of self...
I am never going to be the exact weight I want to be or always be put together, but I have to say, I love being me. I have no desire to be anyone else or live any life but my own.

2 comments :

  1. 3 of yours are on mine! My favorite hair stylist is my aunt so I'm very lucky!

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so lucky. Just checked out your blog. It's great!
      xo Elisabeth

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...